Local Roof Cleaning Company Buckighamshire
The easiest, the fastest and most affordable way to get your roof or any exterior of your property perfectly cleaned!
Why Roof moss and algea cleaning may be the most important part of House maintenance
Roof Algae Is Much More Than An Aesthetic Concern
With the years, lichen and moss continue to grow in the spaces between the roof tiles or shingles, causing them to lift, which makes the roof unguarded to wind and leaks. Roof moss removal will prevent leaches and algae feast off your roof tiles and reach the wooden roof construction. Not having a roof tile cleaning for long period, is number one reason for damages on roofs and roof decks. Roof moss and lichen preserve water, which causes the roof wood decking to rot, and at some point will cause a serious roof repair.
When the water gets in through the cracks, it creates an environment hospitable to mold growth. Moss on roof is proven to be one of the most common issues when it comes to clogging your gutters as well. 90% of the cases with clogged gutters are from the accumulated moss on the roof.
Even If You Can’t See The Algae, You May Still Need A Cleaning
In its earliest stages of development, algae is completely invisible. So even if your roof appears to be okay, there’s a chance that the best time to have it cleaned is now. This is one of the reasons that professional roofers recommend you have a roof inspection around once every three years–the earlier you’re able to catch the problem, the better it is for your roofing.
Every year, people choose to replace their roof when in reality, a thorough roof cleaning would have saved them thousands of pounds and added years to the life of their roof. So, if you aren’t sure about what to do for your roof, consider roof cleaing before you make a decision.
Even if your roof is looking unsightly, it might not be time to replace it. A thorough roof cleaning can give your roof a fresh look and add years to it’s life.
What is Roof pressure cleaning?
Roof pressure cleaning, also known as power or jet washing, is the use of high-pressure water for Roof moss stain and algae removal. Also can be used for most of the external surfaces. It rejuvenates the color and turn tired looking surfaces back to new. This is the fastest known way to clean not only roof tiles, but also patios, driveways, patio furniture, walls, fences, wooden decking and many others. We use a high quality Mosmatic rotary cleaning equipment, which provides equal dispersion of the water jet over the roof tiles, resulting in minimal risk of tile damage.
Roof pressure cleaning is usually done when a high level of infestation of moss on your roof is reached, and the soft roof cleaning might not be most sufficient to completely remove it. However GoMoss professional roof cleaners in Buckinghamshire can advise on what would be the best for you, and offer a combination of both – pressure, and soft washing cleaning of your roof if needed, to provide excellent results and help you completely remove any moss, lichen and algae growing on your roof tiles or external surface.
How having your roof cleaned now will benefit you
- Improves the look of your home
- A thorough cleaning will take off all black stains, sometimes called magma, and moss, bringing your roof back up to a like-new appearance.
- Adds value to your property
- The external look of your property is the welcome sign for potential buyers or tenants
- Prolong the lifespan of your roof
- Regularly cleaned roof will significantly extend it’s lifespan, by preventing any further tile cracking caused by moss a nd algea roots.
- Fast, safe & cost effective
- Having your roof regulary cleaned its many times cheaper then replacing it with a new one. Avarage cost of re-roofing in Buckinghamshire for 2 bedroom house is around £5000 where the roof cleaning is a fraction of that at £350.
Pressure or Soft wash Roof Cleaning?
Whether you have standard clay or concrete tiles or shingles we will be able to clean either, since we are using different types of roof cleaning methods. There are arguments whether soft cleaning or pressure washing method is more effective for cleaning roof shingles. As a professional roof cleaning company we will be ready to take all necessary actions in order to provide you with excellent results and freshly clean roof. After a thorough examination of the roof, our experts will advise what would be the best and safest method of cleaning roof tiles. GoMoss can provide either soft or pressure washing cleaning of your roof or external surface in Milton Keyes and Buckinghamshire areas.
What Roof Cleaning process involves
- Erecting ladders and other access equipment to the roof
- Covering the flower beds/patio etc. with a tarpaulin
- Remove the moss with a scraper if needed
- Dust off the roof with a brush if needed
- Check the roof for any damage and carry out minor repairs if possible
- Use a Nosmatic power washing equipment to perfectly clean the roof
- Collect all the waste from the roof in a special tank.(be advised we can also dispose the waste from the roof for additional charge)
- Clean the site and remove all waste materials
What kind of Roof tiles we clean?
in case you have any other type of roof tiles, we will be able to advise on whether we can execute the job once we come on site and make a thorough inspection
What is the roof cleaning cost?
Roof cleaning cost may vary from 300 to 700 GBP depending on the size of your property, and is proven as most cost effective over time, than neglecting your roof and end up needing a complete re-roofing which starts at £ 3500 and can go as hight as £7000 or more.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much it costs to clean my roof?
How do you clean and treat the roof?
Why should I remove the moss from my roof?
How often do I have to clean my roof?
How long does it take to clean my roof?
How can I get a quote?
Areas We Cover
- Leighton Buzzard
- Hemel Hempstead
- High Wycombe
- Milton Keynes
- St Albans